- This event has passed.
Dorset Sea Food Festival
Whatever your plans this summer, be sure to catch the award winning, free to attend 7th Pommery Dorset Seafood Festival taking place around Weymouth’s famous historic harbour-side on the 11th and 12 July 2015.
The Pommery Dorset Seafood Festival brings together champagne and seafood, family entertainment and a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of the superb seafood available to us just off our wonderful shores.
Here’s just a flavour of what to expect:-
- Enjoy Pommery Champagne with fresh oysters
- Taste different seafood dishes on offer from almost 100 stalls
- Pop into our Pop Up restaurant ‘Hive Beach Cafe at Finn Square’
- Watch live cooking demonstrations from the region’s best loved chefs
- No more fear! Learn how to fillet a fish like the pros in the Jurassic 360 ‘How to’ Zone
- Sip Ara Wines from New Zealand whilst soaking up the atmosphere
- Learn how to fillet a fish like the pros
- Discover ‘How to’ in the Seafish Pavilion
- Relax with a pint of Piddle whilst listening to live music from the Fishwives Choir, Exmouth Shanty Men and Replay
- Discover how to ‘Glam your Clam’ and go Crustacean Crazy – as well as celebrating our ongoing Great British Whelk Revival
- Treat yourself to a Pommery Picnic Hamper
- Enter one of our exciting competitions to win great offers
- …and help us raise money for the Fishermen’s Mission
There’s fun and entertainment for families with face painting, whelk shell painting and crabbing – so get the kids out too!
Complementing the many stalls selling cooked seafood will be Weird Fish’s latest clothing, kitchen utensils, bakery, pancakes, fine art, fishy-themed gifts and much much more.
With the emphasis on responsibly sourced seafood from the region where possible, the Pommery Dorset Seafood Festival helps raise money for the Fishermen’s Mission charity.
Stay for the weekend and take in the sights and experiences of Weymouth, then dine out in one of the local restaurants.