We’re a close-knit charity which has stayed true to our Christian calling since we were established in 1881.
The Fishermen’s Mission is an equal opportunities employer so when you work with us, you’re valued, supported and encouraged.
If you think your skills, experience, passion and drive can benefit the UK’s fishing communities and the families within them, please take a look at our vacancies when they are listed.
Trusts & Legacy Fundraising Manager
Harris Hill are working in Partnership with The Fishermen’s Mission to recruit a Trusts & Legacy Fundraising Manager. This role has been created with the intention of developing and growing trust income and the management of legacy income and administration.
Based in Whiteley, Hampshire this role reports into the Director of Business Development and is responsible for.
– Developing a trust and foundation fundraising strategy and a legacy strategy to maximise income from these sources.
– To research, target and approach trusts and foundations that are, likely to be interested in the Fishermen’s Mission work
– To ensure that grant giver and donors remain fully informed about the work that they have funded and any work that they might fund in the future
– To develop and implement a Networking, Marketing and Promotion Legacy Strategy
– To promote legacy giving with a structured form of advertising/editorial across all mediums
Experience and skills required for the role
– A previous track record of trust/foundation or related fundraising experience
– Experience of researching, writing funding proposals and face to face solicitation leading to successful fundraising outcomes
– Experience of developing managing and delivering a successful strategic and operational fundraising programme
– The successful candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills the ability to engage with both internal and external audiences
– The preferred candidate will have strong networking and relationship building skills –
For more details and to apply for this position please contact Harris Hill or follow the link below to apply.
Apply here >> http://www.applythis.net/?a=410AC6D74.0
Business Operations Administrator
The charity has recently invested in the next generation of cloud based Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software from Blackbaud called Raisers Edge NXT. This software will be rolled out to the wider team of staff and volunteers in the coming few years and will extend to support beneficiary data in addition to fundraising data. The Charity has also implemented a cloud based solution for emails and shared files utilising Microsoft 365.
The Business Operations Administrator is part of the Appeals Team and reports to the Information Systems Manager.
The hours of work will be: Monday to Thursday, 09.00 to 17.30 and Friday 09.00-17.00 (37 hrs per week with an hour for lunch)
Objectives of the role:
To support the Information Systems Manager to deliver a high standard of supporter care to the donors and beneficiaries with whom we communicate. This is through a combination of keeping their records as accurate as possible on the database, ensuring that written correspondence is tailored to them individually and that their experience of telephone conversations is positive and personable.
The Appeals Team provide vital support to the Director of Business Development in the processing of all donations through postal appeals, online giving, direct bank transfers and donations via Port Staff and Regional Fundraisers. Specifically to ensure that income is allocated to the correct budget, taking care to reflect restricted donations, whilst ensuring that the donor is given the appropriate level of thank you in a timely manner. Additionally the team adheres to data protection at all times and captures mailing preferences of individuals and organisations.
To apply for this position fill in the forms below by clicking them to download.
Equality and Diversity Policy
Please return in an envelope marked “Private and Confidential” to:-
Mrs Sue Bowles
Fishermen’s Mission, 4400 Parkway, Solent Business Park,
Whiteley, Fareham, Hants, PO15 7FJ
or via email to
Tel: 01489 566910